To stay competitive, hoteliers must find High Speed Internet Access Solutions that are cost effective and easy to maintain.
HotelWISP - Managed Hotel Internet Service
Community WISP provides a truly turnkey Internet solution to hotel properties. From technical support for guests, to a worry-free Internet connection, Community WISP’s HotelWISP service satisfies guests’ Internet service needs, while freeing hotel staff to concentrate on their primary business. Our state-of-the-art 802.11 (Wi-Fi) “to the pillow” connectivity delivers the most cost-effective connection to every guest, and is easier to use, manage, and maintain than alternative solutions.
Community WISP helps hotels increase guest satisfaction, reduce support costs, achieve revenue targets, and improve efficiency. HotelWISP is the right choice for hotels that wish to provide hassle-free, cost-effective Internet access to guests. Among the many benefits of the HotelWISP service are:
- Increased guest satisfaction through easy-to-use, reliable, high-speed Internet access.
- Cost savings through reduced support burden on your staff, capital and IT support cost savings, and reduced Internet access related guest compensations.
- Revenue generation through advertising on a hotel branded welcome portal, and if you so choose, through pay-per-use guest Internet access.
- Hotel efficiency through outsourcing the installation, support, management and maintenance of the Internet service for your guests, thus freeing your staff from IT concerns that would otherwise divert attention from your primary business.
- Advantages over cable and DSL, which require much larger capital investments, and also require expensive, disruptive, and disfiguring installation of wiring throughout your property.
HotelWISP is a managed wireless broadband service that connects hotel guests easily and quickly to the Internet from their rooms, and/or from “hot spots” within the hotel. The service includes a local broadband connection from the hotel to the Internet, plus all installation, monitoring, management, and technical support to connect guests’ laptops or hand-held computers to the Internet reliably and with minimal involvement from hotel staff. The service also incorporates a Welcome Portal, which provides property-specific information and advertising.
Community WISP takes responsibility for all aspects of connecting your hotel and guests to the Internet. This includes provisioning Community WISP-owned equipment to connect your hotel to the Internet, and the installation of cables and wireless devices in ceilings or other locations to connect your guests to the Internet.
Installation is generally completed within two business days. Community WISP first surveys your property to determine optimal locations for wireless access points, and works with you to confirm mounting methods. The wireless service on your property is homed into a single gateway server, which is connected to the Internet. Because it is wireless, HotelWISP service installation does not inconvenience your guests or adversely affect property aesthetics.
Around-the-Clock Technical Support
Experienced technical support staff is available by phone at all times to help hotel guests access the Internet. This support includes troubleshooting laptop settings and assisting guests with hardware or software settings. Our friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable assistance reduces calls to the front desk.
Proactive Network Monitoring and Problem Resolution
Community WISP’s network operations center continually monitors the Internet connection and every device on the hotel’s wireless Internet access network to ensure that it is reachable and functioning. Should any device on your property not respond properly, we dispatch repair personnel to correct the problem, and we track and oversee the repair of any Internet-related service problems.
Since Internet access is increasingly essential for your guests, Community WISP can provide a backup connection between your property and the Internet to ensure uninterrupted service, should your primary connection fail.
The HotelWISP Welcome Portal allows you to brand your property, and create a medium for E-marketing and business promotion. You can use your portal to promote on-site food and beverage offerings, advertise local businesses, list points of interest, and much more. You can use the HotelWISP Welcome Portal to generate revenue by selling advertising space for local businesses interested in reaching your guests.
Flexible Billing Options
HotelWISP can be tailored to your preferred business model. Flexible options allow you to make the service available for no extra charge, or to bill for Internet access:
- Free Access for All Hotel Visitors: All hotel visitors can connect to the service for free. Any visitor to the hotel simply activates a “Wi-Fi” card built into most recent model laptops or hand held computers and connects to the Internet.
- Free Access for Hotel Guests: All registered hotel guests can connect for no additional charge. You provide access passwords or individual sign-on keys to your guests as part of the hotel check-in process. When guests connect, a sign-on page requests their code, and allows them to connect for a day, or whatever time period you specify.
- Pay per Use: HotelWISP allows you to charge extra for Internet access via credit card. The HotelWISP service handles credit card transactions, billing, and revenue collection.